Sunday, January 15, 2017

new artwork

Yesterday I spent the day at a workshop hosted by a fellow artist and friend, Wendy Southin of Dragonfly Dreamers studio. 

We were playing with Gelli Plates and making mono-print artwork.We began by creating standard mono-prints on various paper types. 
After a lunch break we got down and dirty with making layers on our base prints. I came away with an incredible assortment of art prints that I can add to in future, (they don't LOOK FINISHED yet). But I did get three that I am very pleased to say are done, that is I don't think they need anything else other than to be framed or mounted.

I don't have titles for these. They haven't divulged what they want to be called yet.

The first one is a yellow-toned study with touches of dark green and metallic copper. 



I decided to be a bit brave and work in black white and grey, an odd choice I'm sure the others thought when I started. In the end we were all impressed with how they turned out, esp. once I added  a touch of red. 



Im not sure if I have them right side up as shown , that will depend on how I frame them. 
For now I'm happy to have three finished. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by . Nice comments are food for the soul.