Earrings Everyday October Challenge

I got time to play along this month . I somehow seem to miss the deadline for participation , so hopefully I can play along this month. Here is the inspiration photo that I used for my starting point. 



Aren't these outfits stunning? love the colours! 
I have always been a fan of the plums, purples and garnets. 

I was working on designs for another blog hop and was playing around with some items I had removed from a sew-on beaded trim used for halloween costumes and it reminded me of these outfits.   
So I decided to complete them and play along with this months challenge. 
I kept them very simple as the outfits shown are quite busy, with the textures and patterns used. These earrings would be best with the first row of outfits as the colours are more plummy than purply. I just could not get my camera to pick up the real colour of these and the hint of sparkle in the large motifs. These are quite lightweight as well as the large swirls are from sew-on trim that needs to be washable so they are plastic. 
But they are pretty nonetheless. 
 I also made a matching necklace, 
but as this is an earring challenge I won't show them on this post , 
so check back tomorrow and see what I made to go with these. 


here is the main site for the challenge 

Comments

  1. very elegant. I love these earrings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The swirl design really makes them stunning! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upcycling at it's best! The swirls look like they are made from copper and the plum tones are perfect to accessorize these outfits...fun earrings...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for you with clever upcycling! I love the swirly cut out, its very graceful. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Repurposing this into earrings was a great idea..these earrings turned out wonderfully for this month's challenge and I too like the swirl design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your earrings look beautiful!

    Greetings, Sofie #4
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never would have guessed these were plastic! Love that you had the vision to see the potential in these pieces. This is why I have a studio of hoarded items..for the potential!
    Thank you for joining me in the We're All Ears challenge. Check back on November 6th for the next inspiration. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice and the pattern and colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to rock the re-purpose and the inspiration challenge. These are fantastic
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sew-on trim? Isn't it fun to find jewelry materials in unexpected places? I always swing by the sewing section of craft stores for inspiration. These would look great with those unadorned outfits. I also read your post about the necklace. Cutting the bat out of leather was super cool. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty earrings and I would have never guessed they are made out of plastic. Nice Autumn coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by . Nice comments are food for the soul.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Soup Blog Party REVEAL DAY

Bead Peeps swap n hop