Mary Harding Copper Leaf Pendant

I had some very happy mail today.  Last month I made a comment in reply to an Inside the Studio Post on the Art Bead Scene Blog, featuring Mary Harding . I wish I knew what date that was as I can't seem to find it now.
To encourage visitors to leave comments they choose one winner from each days comments and I WON.
 Today I received my prize from Mary Harding,  a lovely handcrafted Leaf pendant made from Copper Clay. Not only did Mary send me this lovely piece of art BUT she packaged it ever so beautifully in a hand stamped box wrapped with the most colourful ribbon and as a special treat it was tied to a gorgeous ceramic heart bead that was also made by Mary. I am so delighted with these miniature works of art. I love the warm earthiness of the copper and it's almost duplicated in the glazes used in the ceramic piece.  I think Mary uses real leaves to create her moulds and then can replicate nature in metal or ceramic. The ribbon is a mix of purples and olive green that goes so well with the colours in the pendants.
I've included links to the Art Bead Scene blog, Mary's blog and her website as well (click on the purple links above.)
Here is a photo of the two pieces I received. Aren't they GORGEOUS?
LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM
the copper pendant on the left (as viewed here) and the ceramic pendant (heart) on the right
Now to think of a project to do them justice.

To add to this serendipity, I discovered that Mary and I don't live all that far from each other (in the grand scheme of things. She lives in Northern New York state near the Canadian Border and I live in eastern Ontario,  just a skip across the St Lawrence river from her. Truly a small world.

This world wide web has closed the distances between so many of us artists.

Thanks Mary for such a lovely gift. I hope we get to meet in person, sometime soon.

Comments

  1. Deb, thank you for all the kind words and feature on your blog!! I hadn't really noticed the close colors of the clay and copper but I love it that's you paired them together to show that similar warm glow. I feel sure you will make some beauties with these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by . Nice comments are food for the soul.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Soup Blog Party REVEAL DAY

Bead Peeps swap n hop